Learners’ guide: How to move ahead after admission in IGNOU
All the learners who have taken admission in January 2018 through offline or online mode must ensure to check their particulars on the official IGNOU website. They may check the correctness of name, father’s name, address, study centre and the courses they have opted. Here are the details about how to check.
How to check the registration details
Please remember that the official IGNOU website is www.ignou.ac.in
- Log in to the official IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in
- You will find “Student Support” link at the home page.
- Go to the “student zone” in the drop down list of “Student Support”.
- See the “registration details” on the top right side and click on it.
- Now a new page will open where you are required to fill your 9 digit Enrollment No. and you have to select your program code from the given drop down list. Then click on the submit button.
- After submitting , your registration details will open in the new page where you can see all the details including the registered courses/papers semester/year wise. In case of any discrepancy, you need to report to your regional centre by submitting an application or through sending an E-mail to the official mail of the regional Centre. For spelling correction in your name, also enclose your high school mark sheet with your application.
Confirmation letter, Identity Card and Study Materials
If you have submitted your admission form online then you would have received an admission confirmation letter through E-mail generated online. The identity Card is also generated online for online admission takers. You may download the identity card, get it printed in color and get it laminated. You are not required to get it attested from the Regional Director if you have downloaded it online.
However, if you have taken the admission through offline mode then the Regional Centre will send you the admission confirmation letter and identity card. These will be distributed in the induction meeting which is held at your study centre.
As far as the study materials are concerned, the University has centralised the printing and distribution mechanism from July 2017 session. Now the books are sent directly to the address of the student from MPDD, New Delhi. You have to keep your address and mobile number updated in the record of the University through your Regional Centre.
In order to make your aware about all the procedures and rules regulations of the University, an induction meeting is organised at your study centre. You are informed through SMS about the date, time and venue. It is very very beneficial to attend the meeting as you are also given the identity card, admission confirmation letter and the counselling schedule. The learners interact with each other while sipping tea. Refreshments are also served after the meeting. It becomes very fruitful for the students as they also meet the coordinator of the study centre, assistant coordinators, academic counsellors and other staff members. It is very important meeting and the students are advised to actively participate in this meeting. Regional Director or Assistant Regional Director participate in this meeting and inform the learners on how to proceed after confirmation of admission.